Where Will My Money Go?
The purpose of Riding4Reform is to raise funds to promote Progressive Jewish ideals in Israel. This includes a wide range of social, educational, cultural, and community programs run by the different institutions, congregations, and departments of the Israel Movement for Progressive Judaism.
The following examples show the diversity and vibrancy of our programs:
- 45 kindergarten classes around Israel provide a unique egalitarian
Jewish experience for 1,250 young Israelis.
- Our Mechina program in Jaffa offers a year of study, work, and
community service for high school graduates before they join the Israeli
- Hundreds of new immigrants attend Jewish study programs in Russian, Spanish, English, and Hebrew.
- Our School Involvement Program trains teachers from secular public schools around the country to teach Jewish topics in a meaningful and pluralistic way.
- Noar Telem, our youth movement, provides on-going informal education for hundreds of children in our congregations.
- "School and Shul" programs bring secular Israeli school students
into Reform congregations for educational programs.
- After-school programs provide Jewish enrichment in a safe
- At Tali Bayit Vagan elementary school and Beit Hinuch high school in
Jerusalem, we are developing a holistic approach to liberal Jewish
education. In the coming years, we hope to open more schools around
Israel with a formal commitment to such education.
In all these areas, we cannot meet the growing demand for our services. Your donations will help us narrow the gap and create a brighter, more liberal future for Judaism in our homeland.